Multiven Pearl™ connects you to your entire IT network & all its stakeholders
- Create device profiles
- Create users profiles
- Follow devices
- Notifications & alerts
- Trending internet pulse
- Org-wide devices updates
- Device visibility
- Task visibility
- Activity updates
- Tasks resolution
- 100% Cloud-based
- No software download
- No hardware installation
- Industry-standard security
- Accessible anywhere, anytime
- Manage devices & tasks
- Mass device import
- Mass device export
- Unlimited device profiles
- Admin account tools
- 24x7 multivendor TAC Support
- Software support
- Advanced hardware replacement
- Internet knowledge-base
- Org-wide tasks collaboration
- Personalized dashboard
- Organization logo
- Devices-level analytics
- Org-wide analytics
Internet Service Provider reduces network operations costs and improves efficiency with Multiven Pearl
- Industry - Internet Service Provider
- Service Areas - North America, Europe
- Number of employees - 1,500+
- Network Environment - Cisco, Juniper, Redback, HP
- Core Network Technologies - IP MPLS with QoS
- Number of customers - 50,000+
Telepacific's IP network was suffering from severe recurring outages that made the network highly unstable and unreliable which led to end-customer dissatisfaction and brand erosion. These outages occurred because of incompetent Cisco TAC support that continuously misdiagnosed ESR-6CT3 crashes as hardware failures. Furthermore Cisco refused to implement an Engineering Failure Analysis (EFA) on these $100,000 a-piece linecard.
Additional customer concerns with their network maintenance included:
- Multiple manufacturer service contracts with disparate end dates
- Expensive Cisco Smartnet (and other OEM) service contracts
- Within 24 hours of engagement, a Multiven expert engineer competently diagnosed the root cause of the network outages to be an inherent hardware design flaw in the Cisco 10000 ESR-6CT3 linecard which occurs when the linecard CPU is too overwhelmed during traffic spikes to respond to heartbeat messages from the Performance Routing Engine (PRE) thereby forcing the PRE to reset it resulting in the linecard 'crash'.
- By migrating their network assets to Multiven's unified service contract, Telepacific consolidated their procurement process and was issued a single Multiven service contract number for all their network assets with a single anniversary date for their entire network. This eliminated the headaches of managing multiple contracts while enabling Telepacific to add or retire assets at will.
- Multiven network maintenance services saved Telepacific about 67% in costs compared to Cisco smartnet.
As a direct result of the aforementioned and other best practices instituted by Multiven MTAC, Telepacific's network is now far more available and reliable than ever before, leading to very positive customer satisfaction and thus a steady growth in revenue and profitability. Today, Telepacific is growing sustainably both organically and though multiple acquisitions, on course to becoming one of the world's leading Internet Service Providers.
The aforementioned turnaround was made possible by;
- Telepacific executive and network operations leadership who embraced innovation and change, despite unfounded manufacturer fears, by breaking away from costly and inefficient manufacturer maintenance services.
- The seamless collaboration between Telepacific's hard-working in-house engineers and Multiven MTAC.
- If it’s not broken, don’t fix it.
- If it’s broken, contact Multiven support experts immediately with a clear and detailed problem statement. Note; Without change, there cannot be a deviation from the norm. Therefore, include “what changed” in the task if you know it.
- If you need new functionalities, consult with Multiven (or other) experts beforehand for competent planning to ensure a hitless transition.
No more than 3% of all break-fix issues require hardware replacements. Therefore, avoid prematurely blaming hardware for all problems. Below are some of the cost and impact of unnecessary hardware replacements on your network and business;
- Loss of revenue for duration of downtime
- Cost of onsite technician
- Negative impact of outage to your business
- End-customer dissatisfaction
- Add, move, change may introduce new human errors to an otherwise healthy equipment
- Worse yet, the original problem persist because the root cause of problem is not the replaced hardware.
Bottomline, avoid replacing hardware unless competent troubleshooting confirms a failure.
Popular quote; “It moves, thus it fails”. Fun fact; The only thing that physically moves in all networking equipment is the fan.
What is Multiven Pearl™?
Multiven Pearl is a suite of cloud-based services that enables organizations of all sizes to collaboratively manage, monitor and maintain all their IT network assets across all hardware and software.
What are the Benefits of Multiven Pearl™?
- Makes visible your IT network's social identity
- Enables unprecedented cross-functional collaboration across locations, geographies and departments
- Simplifies the way you manage, maintain and monetize all your IT network assets
- Simplifies inventorying of all your IT network assets e.g. routers, switches, servers, firewalls, laptops, tablets, mobile, software licenses and more.
- Provides you with current and up-to-date information on each device
- Dramatically lowers your IT network management and maintenance costs - see offerings above
- Enjoy unprecedented visibility into full device life-cycle i.e. procurement-to-operationalizing-to-decomminissioning-to-monetization
- Requires no software download
- And much more
How do I get started with Multiven Pearl™?
To get started with Multiven Pearl, simply go to www.multiven.com and sign up with your work email address. Once logged into your Multiven Pearl dashboard, you can begin to add assets while inviting colleagues across your organisation (e.g. engineering, operations, procurement, finance etc.) to collaborate around the shared interest of your IT network.
1-888-885-9944 or 1-650-440-4401
Multiven is passionate about making the internet network
globally available, reliable and affordable